Today I’d like to talk about how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing to. While, your marketing is doing its job, you need to be working on turning those prospects into customers. There are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal. You need to be:
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dread buyer’s remorse. You want to avoid this at all costs and this should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur. There are three ways to deal with this:
- Offer to refund money-no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
- Offer a “Performance Guarantee” … if you don’t perform there is no charge for your services – of course, there are guidelines**
These offers alone will also mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust you more, just for offering these things.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s’ braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you feel so much more human.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives-longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a set date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works the best for your business, products/service and target market. Remember this…
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth. Click here...to take it around the block.
Make it count TODAY!
**Make sure when you offer “Performance Guarantees” that the customer understands that they must ALLOW you to do your job in order to get it done.For example; if you’re a real estate agent and you list a home for sale… your performance guarantee may say…“If I can’t sell your home in under 47 days… then I won’t charge a commission.” If that’s your offer…then the sellers MUST price the property right, MUST allow access to buyers and the property MUST be staged. Make sense?
Reach out an I’ll get you a Sample Performance Guarantee
How about we review the above ideas and see how we can directly apply this principle to your business? I help business owners add $25K – $100k or more to their bottom line in 45-Minutes. The call is free, and you get to keep the money! Click here to set a time to speak.